BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Final version to Ripper

Ripper Evaluation

Preliminary Task

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Researching Music

With our two minute film being set in 1888 it is going to be hard to find music which we all agree that fits with the drama and the era of our story. I have researched modern songs and artists to try and have an idea to what I think we should try and re-create.
These are some of the songs that I have researched and elements of the songs that I like.

Chicane- Salt Water
The first 0-17 seconds of the song I really like the violins playing in the beginning and the women singing but she does not sing lyrics its just a like a beat. I really love the women singing as it seems really calm and tranquil. However, with the violins it has the dramatical effect. Even though, there are DJ drums in the beginning due to the fact it is a modern song. I would like to try and re-create the beginning on garage band but it will be challanging because of the women singing.

1 comments:

Miss Foster said...

Excellent research into the background music Dom - glad you're really thinking about the context of the piece and which instruments'll 'fit' your film.

Well done you!