BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Final version to Ripper

Ripper Evaluation

Preliminary Task

Friday 18 December 2009

Ideas from Songs

When I was researching songs that our group could use as inspiration to our 1888 themed story, I came across modern songs which I feel will help us to create drama with music, music which will suit our storyline and music which will match the actions in the film such as the we have long shots of the victim walking and Jack the Ripper following her, so I think that it will be a good idea to have peaceful music like a piano and then as the anticipation is rising louder instruments such as a violin or a violin playing on a blunt chord.
Here are two music pieces which I really like and has given me ideas about our music.

Madonna- Frozen Instrumental

I really like the beginning of this piece as there seems to be several violins playing and the music is very peaceful but with the use of the Xylophone it still has a beat. As it is a modern song I had to think which piece could help our group, 0-0.52 seconds of this piece as I feel it will suit the walking scene and it gives the audience a feeling of the personality of the victim. For example, when she is walking she seems very peaceful and her mood expressed on her face suits this piece. However, there are drums used which we will not be able to use as drums used in this piece which is very modern.
Rob Dougan- Clubbed to Death

I love how dramatic 0-0.26 seconds of this song is has many violins and in the beginning the violins are quiet but gradually as the song develops so do the violins but then it goes quieter again. I feel the use of this effect on the audience will be useful as they know that the victim is going to die and I feel that it suits the storyline but we would have to stretch the music for longer for example, The victim coming out the house will be quiet violins, J the R following her and capturing her which will be the build up of the violins and then after the attack will be the violins dying down. Also, it seems like a heartbeat.
I love part 1.32-2.03 as the use of piano gives a tranquil and a fairy tail feeling as the notes are played altogether and then the violins are played which are firstly quiet and then they get louder. I love this piece and I want to try and learn aspects from it which we could possible use, like the use of the piano to give a calm feeling and then the violins could be used as J the R gets nearer but I do not know what we could use after that point.

0 comments: